Seminary is Fun!

1/28/2013 0 Comments

Hopefully my previous posts haven't given the impression that we don't have any fun here because reality is quite the opposite.  Today, for instance,I went and played racquetball with a few of the guys.  It was only my second time playing the sport, but thankfully I remembered the rules from last time and managed to get a few good hits in.  We had a great time and got some exercise in as well. 

Afterwards we were going to go play some basketball, but unfortunately the court was taken by the cheer-leading squad practice, so that didn't happen.  Brute has been trying to field a team for the Mundelein tournament that happens this weekend, and unfortunately, though I joined the team because it sounded like fun, I really didn't know how to play basketball.  (Just ask my family and the time or two that we shot some hoops...)  Thankfully, the guys were nice enough to show me how it was done and I increased my playing ten-fold (meaning that my success rat is now like 10%...).  You get the picture; I'm terrible at basketball. 

Due to our lack of practicing, the Brute team may not be making it to the Mundelein tourney, but what can I say, I just enjoyed the chance to practice something that I didn't have any experience with.  The guys here are so welcoming to anybody - I probably was the worst basketball player at Brute, just ask one of the guys about one of my early attempts at shooting - more like shoving the ball through the air and hoping it hits the backboard - and yet, they let me on the team, showed me how to play, and we had a lot of fun.  Seminarians are wonderful people!

0 comments: