The Vocation of a Nun in my Sister's Convent (video)

This will be one of those posts with just a video...  But, this is a pretty cool video because it shows the nuns at the convent where my sister is currently in her novitiate.  This is an "interview" of sorts of St. Mary Jordan, one of the other nuns at the Dominican Monastery of St. Jude, about how she felt the call to her vocation.  She made her final profession in 2012 and is the second youngest nun at this convent (after my sister).  My sister, Sr. Mary Thomas of the Holy Name of Jesus, is on the right of the video in the white habit.  Cool!  Sorry for the low-volume audio, it's not my video...  You can read a little more about this video on the monastery's blog.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great video, thanks for posting it. Thank God for giving the world such joyful prayer support! God truly loves us! And it is so good to see Sr. Mary Thomas! A.M.
    P.S. Using headphones makes the audio much better and easy to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, our world needs prayers! Yeah, I was surprised to see the video was online, they have cautioned me in the past from posting stuff like that up here... Maybe he was allowed to because he was a priest? :-)

      Delete
    2. Maybe it was because he's a priest, but I think it was probably because it's a vocation video and kind of an advertisement for the order. They must have had permission to do that. A.M.

      Delete
    3. I am sure that is a more probable reason, either way I am glad that he was allowed!

      Delete