A Thought on the Eucharist

1/30/2013 0 Comments

Today after receiving Holy Communion I got beyond thinking about the typical things that I meditate on - you know, praying that I would be full of love, and peace, and have the grace to do God's will, and be joyful... Basically, asking that this Eucharist, this font of all virtue, would fill me with virtue.  Today for some reason my mind instead jumped on Christ's passion, how He died on the cross for all of us, to buy us salvation - a salvation that we can receive in the Eucharist.  John 6:54 - "whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."  Anyway, I then thought how Christ's said "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." - Matthew 16:24, and how this means that in our receiving Christ in the Eucharist we are in a sense saying yes to that call, our fiat if you will, and accepting all the crosses that come our way.  I saw the Eucharist in a different light both as the source of grace and salvation and the acceptance of the day, and its crosses.  A carrying that is made possible through the infinite grace found in the Eucharist.

There you have it - my profound thought of the day...

Adoration Last Week

0 comments: