A Basketball Game

2/12/2013 , , 0 Comments

This evening I had the chance of going to my first basketball game.  It was the Indiana Pacers versus the Brooklen Nets.  Actually, after the game started we were able to snag some pretty nice seats closer/more confortable, so that was awesome.  The game was pretty close throughout (which I guess is reasonably typical in basketball) and in the last quarter the Pacers caught, and passed barely, the Nets with about a minute left.  The seconds ticked down with the buzzer going off having both teams tied.  Unforunately, (for the group of guys I was with) the Pacers fell behind by about 8 points and couldn't quite catch up before the overtime ran out.  Afterwords we swung by the Dunkin Doughnuts, which was still open, and I got a chocolate cream as well as a blueberry cake doughnut.  As we walked back to the parking garage one of they guys donated one of his doughnuts to a homeless gentleman, so, being the charitable seminarians that we are, myself and the remaining guy found our own homeless people to hand off the second doughnut.  I guess I'll have to wait on the blueberry cake doughnut for after lent...  I really had a lot of fun; the evening was exactly what I needed!

0 comments: