Sleep

2/07/2013 0 Comments

I put it in anyway :-)
Here at Brute, I quickly found that sleep is at a premium.  Somehow or another, after the end of night prayer (9:15-9:30 depending on the night) and when I actually get to bed stretches out for hours.  So, I generally hit the sack around 11 PM, sometimes closer to midnight.  Well, when the alarm goes off at 5:30 AM this can get a little tiring.  However, this morning they announced that morning prayer would be on your own.  This means that we don't do morning prayer in common at 7:15 and so everybody sleeps in.  I guess the schedule is nice to keep you organized and stuff, but it is nice every once in a while to get a chance at some extra sleep.

I couldn't figure out any good spiritual connection to this post.  I thought about putting a picture of St. Joseph sleeping or something, but, well, I didn't see any angels last night so...  Anyway, I am feeling well rested and it really is amazing how much better you feel with an extra two hours of sleep!

0 comments: