A Finals Week Update

Well folks, it is now the last day before finals week, and I really don't feel like studying so I decided to do a blog post.  This is another one of those boring "what's going on in my life" posts:

Last week was somewhat busy.  I had some homework due (not too hard) and the infamous Shakespeare paper.  Anyway, I eventually made it through everything with some late nights.  Unfortunately, that left me with a mild cold for the last few days - ah, well, I can sleep in a week.  Yesterday, I ran the mini-marathon (all 13 miles!), and had a tough, but fun, time.  Later that evening I went out to dinner with (mostly) the Springfield guys.  Mark was here from Meinrad, so we wanted to do something before he went back this morning.  Then we briefly came back to Bruté before some of us went downtown, got some ice-cream, and then went over to St. John's where they were having a party thingy.  We listened to the music for a little while (a really wide range of music was played) and then came back here.  It was kind of funny; we had six guys, so I drove and we all squeezed in my car - it was tight, but that added to the excitement...

Anyway, today has been a bit more laid back.  I slept like a log last night (something about running 13+ miles does that to you), and got up around 8:30.  I led Morning Prayer (I've been the prayer leader for the entire week), and I got nearly everything spot on today.  A lot of guys went out to eat for breakfast/lunch, so the ones that were still here (myself included) made a bacon/ground-beef concoction.  It actually turned out pretty delicious!  This afternoon was really slow, I managed to get next to nothing done studying wise - procrastination has struck again...  At 5 we had a Frisbee game, which we had to play in the poor (60, windy, drizzly) weather.  We didn't play as well as we should have and lost.  I should have thrown myself into it more, but my legs were protesting a bit, and I was feeling sort of lazy.  Anyway, I am now going to go to Adoration, get a grace boost and then hit the books.

Tomorrow at 8 AM I have my theology final - unfortunately, my grade is barely above an A, so I need to pretty much ace this test (bummer).  Then I have the Shakespeare final at 3.  I haven't started studying for it yet - the paper burnt out my appetite for Shakespeare.  On Tuesday I have my Sociology final at 8AM and a take home final due in Ethics at 2.  Once again, I'm behind - haven't started either...  Last, but not least, I have my final in Asian Philosophies on Wednesday at 10AM (shouldn't be too hard), and my take home final is due in Catholic Music on Thursday.  So, there you have it.  I have a good final week schedule and still have managed to get behind on everything.  If I had to guess I'll be up late tonight studying Theology, and then it won't be too bad.  Either way, I'll be done in 3ish days!

I'll have to do a post on how the year in seminary has been overall (great!) at some point.  Probably, it will show up later this week...  I also hope to have some more spiritual style articles up at some point.  I have about 5 spots in my breviary marked that were good lines/bits, and other stuff written on scraps of paper just waiting for me to devote some time to them.  Ah, well, that's the end of the semester for you. 

and just because it is a cool picture of the race yesterday:
The 1st place wheel-chair racers yesterday finished in the incredible time of 45 some-odd minutes
almost 20 minutes faster than the first place runners and almost an hour ahead of me...
- thanks to Corey for the picture

0 comments: