Encyclical on Faith

Pope Francis today said to the members of the XIII Ordinary Council of the General Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops that he would finish the post-synodal exhortation on the new evangelization in time for the end of the year of faith (fall 2013).  He also announced that he was finishing work on the Encyclical on Faith, of which he said (probably a translation): "It’s a strong document. I will say in it that I received it and most of the work was done by him and I completed it."  

So there is your Catholic news bit of the day.  I eagerly await both documents - faith and New Evangelization - they should be awesome.  The Encyclical should come out before  (I don't know exactly when) the exhortation, which should come out in October.

Still slogging my way through Spanish...  I don't know who coined the term summer vacation, because my summer doesn't look too much like vacation...  :-)

0 comments: