Ice Skating

Well, today for the first time I went ice skating.  There is a place in Indianapolis where you can skate (indoors) for 2 hours for $8, so I took the plunge.  It was an absolute blast!  I picked up pretty quickly how to stay upright.  I went roller blading back over Christmas break, so that little bit of experience definitely helped.  There were probably 6-8 seminarians (and prospective seminarians), so we had a lot of fun.  Being guys, the obvious thing to do was race, so we did a few high-speed-runs (both straight line and around one lap).  I could get going pretty fast but my arms were flying all over the place and I wasn't to confident in my stopping ability.  I did fall down twice, and my ankles have ridges on them because I didn't wear long socks, but it's definitely something I'll do again.

I took a video of one of the races.  It's pretty funny: (nobody got hurt, but there was a pretty spectacular fall)!  Enjoy!


0 comments: